How We'll Strengthen Orthopedic Care
Many patients with bone and joint issues get all of their care as outpatients. However, when you’re admitted to the hospital for surgery, you deserve a high level of expertise and comfort. Atrium plans to enhance our current orthopedic and related services in several important ways. We will:
- Create a new, nearby therapy gym on 4 South, our nursing unit for patients who have joint replacements, back surgery and other orthopedic procedures. Patients will receive a full range of therapy in a bright, dedicated space, away from the distractions and exposure of hallways and stairwells.
- Add advanced rehab technologies, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill™ and the InMotion ARM™ Interactive Therapy System, to assist seriously impaired patients with their recovery.
- Bring new surgical technology to Atrium so patients continue to benefit from new surgical techniques that can improve outcomes.
- Support patients in need with prescriptions, medical equipment and transportation to medical visits.
- Build endowments for orthopedic and surgical care to ensure that Atrium can provide state-of-the-art care and continue to attract top-notch surgeons.
Learn more about the Joy of Movement campaign: